Here is a short quiz to test your knowledge of wine in the worldwide market. Answer true or false to each statement below.
- The world is drinking more wine than ever, thanks mostly to the U. S. A., China, and Russia.
- Wine has never been more popular in the US, particularly with the younger generation.
- In China and much of Asia, wine drinking is seen as novel, modish, and sophisticated.
- In France and Europe’s wine producing countries, wine is old hat and less exciting than beer, spirits, and sodas.
- The U.S.A. is the third biggest wine importer.
- China is now the world’s fifth biggest producer and consumer of wine.
- The British consume on average 20 liters per captita with the US consumption at 9 liters or about 1case per person.
- According to the wine guru, Janis Robinson, wine quality worldwide has never been better.
- China, Australia, and Chile have been planting new grape vines like mad while traditional European Countries have decreased vines under cultivation.
- MountainRose Vineyard wines are now available in 5 counties, 1 city, and at 16 locations including the winery.
All the statements above are true.If you answered true for all of them, then consider yourself a Wine Aficionada. Have yourself a glass of wine to celebrate.